- Login to https://developer.webex.com and select "Start building apps", then "Create a New App", then "Create a Bot".
- Enter the bot name, username, icon (you can use
nautobot_logo.pngfrom this directory), and description, and select "Add Bot"
- Configure the displayed Bot Access Token string as the
.creds.envfile. It can't be recovered later, so if you lose it you'll need to log in and regenerate a new token.
- Currently the bot does not automatically register its own webhooks (although this is a capability that WebEx provides, TODO?) so you'll need to set them up yourself.
- Go to https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/webhooks
- For all of these API calls, be sure you deselect "Use personal access token" and instead specify the Bot Access Token string as the authorization instead.
- If desired, you can use https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/webhooks/list-webhooks to query for existing webhooks. There should be none if this is a new deployment.
- Use https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/webhooks/create-a-webhook (again, with the bot access token) to create
a new webhook with the following parameters:
- name: "nautobot messages"
- targetUrl: "https://\<server>/api/plugins/chatops/webex/"
- resource: "messages"
- event: "created"
- secret: (enter a secret string that you don't mind having passed around as plaintext)
- Change the
resourceto "attachmentActions" and run the API call again to create a second webhook.
- Configure the
.creds.envto match the Webhook secret string that you selected above.
- Proceed to the Install Guide section.
As of Nautobot ChatOps Plugin v1.4.0, the PLUGIN_CONFIG settings for Webex has changed to align with the official renaming of
Webex Teams to
enable_webex_teamsis deprecated. Use
webex_teams_tokenis deprecated. Use
webex_teams_signing_secretis deprecated. Use
Both settings will currently work, however support for
webex_teams_signing_secret will be removed in v2.0.0.
General Chat Setup Instructions¶
See admin_install instructions here for general plugin setup instructions.